Let them be little

Let them be little

1.11.2012

SOOOOOO.....

ANNABELLE GRACE is going to be a BIG SISTER!!!

(The little baby at almost 10 weeks)

I have been anxiously waiting for this blog post for a while. I needed to have bases covered of family and close friends before announcing it to the blog world. And, I THINK that they are covered. (Please forgive me if this is not how you wanted to find out.)

I found this little pregnancy blog questionaire recently and wanted to use it occasionally, too. It asks questions that can begin a good story. :)
SO, here's the most recent scoop...

How far along? 10 Weeks (today)
Total weight gain: This may not be something that I will answer all the time, but for now: About 2 or 3 lbs. (Maybe more. I blame Christmas break)
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but will be sooner than last time, I can already tell. My jeans are already feeling a little uncomfortable. I have heard that second pregnancy can pop out a lot sooner than the first, and that is what seems to be happening.
Sleep: sleeping well, but already having the "midnight pee".
Best moment this week: First ultrasound listening to the baby's heartbeat at our doctor's appointment this week. The baby was wiggling and putting on a show, and it was so adorable.
Miss Anything? Tonight I missed a cold tap beer. We went out for burgers, and Craig's frosty beer looked way better than my iced tea.
Movement: Not yet.
Food cravings: Seems like I have been wanting fast food/junk food more than ever! My appetite shot through the roof there for a while. One night last week, all I wanted was Sonic motzererlla sticks with ranch and a Chick Fil A Cookies and Cream milkshake. I managed to get both, but on different days so that I didn't feel so guilty. I gotta get that under control. ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Seems like the first weeks were the worst so far. Just like with Annabelle's pregnancy, I can NOT stand scents. Like candles or perfume. I have asked craig a few times to lay off the cologne. And all of my lovely Scentsy is in the garage for now. Bummer. ALSO, weirdest thing...COFFEE. I love coffee usually, but I couldnt handle the smell in the morning. I guess that is a good thing, so I can cut back on caffine a bit. BUT, I have been feeling much better lately, so that's good.
Gender: Too soon to tell. (MARCH 6 is our ultrasound day. I look forward to MUCH more this time than just finding out the gender. With all we learned last time, I have some different perspectives and maybe some different fears, and PRAYERS.
Labor Signs: NOPE. Good thing.
Symptoms: Besides the random nauseau, I get random headaches. Sore boobies. Hightened smell. bleh.
Belly Button in or out? IN
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Most of the time content. BUT, I have noticed my emotions are a little crazy. I cry a lot more than normal these days. About things I would not normally cry over. Tears well up super easy.
Looking forward to: Really I am looking forward to so many things, and I have a long way to go, and much to enjoy. When we were at the hospital the other day (same place as my doctor's office), I was telling Craig how excited I am to be in that room again, waiting and expecting the arrival of a new baby. BUT, that's a long way off. SO, the most recent thing I am looking forward to is selfish, my BIRTHDAY. In February. Ha.

OH, due date is AUGUST 8. :)

4 comments:

  1. Katie, I am so excited for you! You are such a wonderful Mommy...I'm glad another little one will get to grow up calling you Mom! And I can't wait for more posts about your pregnancy and eventually your new baby!!! AHHHHH!!! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete