Let them be little

Let them be little

1.29.2012

12 weeks. 4 days.

How far along? 12 weeks 4 days (close to second trimester!)
Total weight gain: not really sure. I think around 4 lbs. Feels like WAY more.
Maternity clothes? not yet. getting close. Jeans are so so uncomfortable and tight, which is why my weight gain FEELS like way more!
Stretch marks? no
Sleep: i love sleep. i want more of it. that's all.
Best moment this week: Finding out that Annabelle's heart is healthy!
Miss Anything? My husband SO much! (He is out of town)
Movement: I SERIOUSLY think I have been feeling movement!
Food cravings: Not really. Any food sounds good to me, except hamburgers.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Certain scents. Overeating, which seems to be happening more lately. wooops.
Gender: Can't even wait to find out.
Labor Signs: no
Symptoms: BIG(er) belly.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: mostly happy. This week has been long, and not my favorite for the most part, but mostly happy.
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender!!

This past week, we had an appointment with Annabelle's cardiologist. She was due for an ECHO, just to check up. We left with GREAT news of a healthy heart. We are so thankful to God for healing her little heart, and allowing her to be a vibrant little girl. In further, but short detail, she was born with a hole in her heart, which actually happens more often than we thought. They assumed it would close on it's own. Which, we found out, it basically has. It is now the size of a pinhole. Her doctor was very happy with the news, too. :)

I read the sweetest thing on Kelle Hampton's blog this week. I took this little paragraph and had to share it....

"This morning she woke up early--early enough I had to check the clock to make sure it wasn't still the middle of the night. I heard the rattle of the crib railing and her happy whispers, and I finally reluctantly climbed out to welcome the day with her. I feel her low muscle tone most when I pull her from the crib. There is no resistance, no independent efforts to stand tall and pull her weight, and I love that. Every ounce of her sinks into my grasp as I lift her and pull her close, her bottom settling into my forearm, her hands touching my face, her chest fully dropping into my shoulder. I remember pregnancy yoga classes and how long it took the instructor to guide us into this kind of limber physical release. "Let go of your shoulders. Imagine your chest is dropping. Now release your leg muscles, your thighs, your calves...let go of it all. Submit to the peace in your inner soul," she'd exhort and even after all those steps, there was still a part I couldn't let go. After that experience I realize low muscle tone is hardly a disability. It's an enviable ability...to just be."

I totally know what she is talking about! Pulling Annabelle from her crib, especially after a nap when she is still a little sleepy. She really does just melt. I love it. It encouraged me SO much when she wrote: "low muscle tone is hardly a disability. It's an enviable ability...to just be." How I wish I could be that way sometimes. To just be. To REST. To fully depend on the One who holds my life, my family, my future in His hands.

I love my little Annabelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment