Let them be little

Let them be little

12.27.2010

Here's to Minnesota

we are in the car on the way back to the Lone Star state. We've only been in the car for about 45 min and I'm already bored. That's a bad sign. The tripTO somewhere is always a little easier because of the anticipation for the upcoming fun. The trip back is more of a bummer and a lot less exciting. It means your vacation is done. Sad. We had planned on leaving yesterday morning, but decided to stay an extra day, knock about 4 hours off our trip, and hit the Mall of America. It's probably the only mall I actually like to go to. I'm not much of a mall person. But I could go to MOA every day. The mall was nutso, being the day after Christmas, and beginning of some semi annual sales. But, I still enjoyed it. Then, we got to meet up with some great friends one last time for supper and chit chat. I said it before, but I LOVE my "Minnesota friends".

On hospitality: When Craig and I come to Minnesota, we stay with some really great people. A family who Craig grew up with. They are seriously incredible people and I never really want to leave their house. The love and hospitality they give us is too wonderful for me to even explain. I want to be like that. I want to have my home be a place where people can come and feel cozy,loved,fed&watered, WELCOME, and content. I really pray that my home can be a safe place for people to feel like the door is ALWAYS open! Always. I hope I can possibly show the kind of hospitality that I have been shown by Madre and Padre B. Seriously, I'm so appreciative. (is that the right word?) Anyway, THANK YOU! I want to be like u when I "grow up". Or now I guess since I kind of am grown up. ;)

So, although I'm not ready to go back and get into routine of every day like, I'm still thankful. Thankful to be where we are and be surrounded by people who love us. I am excited to see what the Lord has for Craig, Annabelle and me in 2011. The Lord continues to bless my sweet little family in ways I never imagined. I have no doubt that what He has for us us GOOD!

Welp. Annabelle is snoozin and Craig and I are listening to some talk radio, drinking the last cup of Caribou coffee we will have for a while. (Texas, u need a caribou or two.) Here's to you, Minnesota! And here's to all of my wonderful friends and family in MN. Please know how much I love and appreciate you!

2 comments:

  1. your house is like that for me. :)

    also, look for some caribou in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We felt like that when we stayed with you in Nevis. We still talk about your amazing home there! Thanks for being that to us! :)

    ReplyDelete