Let them be little

Let them be little

12.01.2011

LOVE this month!!!

So excited that it's December! I love that commercial where the parents leave their daughter's house Thanksgiving night and as soon as she closes the door, it's CHRISTMAS in her house! This season is so cozy. And merry and bright.

The weather here has been behaving, too, and feeling cool as it is supposed to this time of year. We decorated on Sunday, with what little and thrown together Christmas decor we have. :) Annabelle has enjoyed the tree, and has ripped a few ornaments off, but that was to be expected.

This week we have not had ANY ECI appointments, which is sorta weird for a whole week. It's been a chill, and somewhat lazy week. I don't think I left the house at all on Monday, and I really didn't mind. Annabelle is a good sport to whatever the day usually holds, so I am SO thankful for that. She had an ENT appointment yesterday, just to check out her hearing and whatever. Just a protocol, not because we were concerned. She did great. I felt bad having to hold her head and hands down when she got her ears cleaned out, and she was pretty upset with me for doing it. But, we made it, and I am thankful for a healthy girl. SO THANKFUL!

Annabelle is often at my feet all day. I think I have said that before. Today, as I was baking some yummy cookies, she was at my feet and was super curious about the loud mixer. So, i held her while I mixed a little and just talked about what I was doing. (I CAN NOT wait till she can bake with me) She quickly grabbed the bowl of dry ingredients, and knocked it all over the floor. Flour is not super fun to clean up, but she thought it was exciting. :)

We have to watch her all the time, because she likes to be in EVERYTHING. She is still not walking independently, but will certainly get herself quickly to wherever she wants to be. She grabs things from other rooms, and drags them all the way across the house, leaving me wondering how it got there. Today, we were sitting on the couch with daddy. Some change fell out of his pocket, and we didn't think anything of it because we were too distracted playing with her. :) Later, after forgetting about it, we walked out of the room, and only moments later I heard her making a different kind of noise. So, I walked in to see her with change in her hand and teary, red eyes, and she was sort of coughing. Naturally, I freaked a little and did the good ole finger sweep of the mouth, craig patted her back, and nothing came up. She was fine, but was upset with US sticking our fingers in her mouth and messing with her. SO, therefore, she may or may not have swallowed a dime. Looks like mom will be on the lookout in a future diaper. Hopefully she didnt but we just weren't sure. She is fine, of course, and we got our money back. ;)

Hope you are all having a great week! I am off to eat the delicious Greek food that Craig walked in with! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment