Let them be little

Let them be little

1.27.2011

Refresh

January is probably my least favorite month of the year. The weather is typically pretty gross, and it seems that there is never anything fun going on. It has too many days, and seems to never end. It is right after the best Holidays of the year, so it ends up being just a lull.
February has Valentine's and my birthday. oh, and super bowl.
March has Craig's birthday. (and the weather is usually pretty awesome here in Texas.)
April has bluebonnets, wildflowers, and ANNABELLE's birthday.
May has our Anniversary.
June has, well, it's summer.
July, the 4th! and summer.
August. well, I guess august is pretty boring too. And school starts in August, and that's no fun. SO, august is lame too.(WAIT, when I have school aged children, i might just LOVE August, huh?)
September has the beginning of fall, my second favorite season.
October, pumpkins and Halloween.
November, I think COZY and Thanksgiving. And football.
December. Christmas. :D

So, there, January stinks really. We only have 4 more days of it! yes!

This year, though, I havent hated it so much.(I am SURE Annabelle has TONS to do with that.) But, I have unconsciously found ways to refresh myself, my spirit, in January. The beginning of the year began with me thinking of ways to better spend my time. I have done my best not to forget that. One of the best ways I have made better use of my time is by hiding my computer in my Guest/sewing.workout room. I waste too much time when I open it to look up just one quick thing. it ends up being a FEW quick things.

Also, it seems like Jan has quite a few of those grey, chilly, wet days. You know, the dreary ones that sort of depress you? If there are too many of them, it can really wear on you. I have been sort of enjoying those days. Cozying up with some hot cocoa. NOT feeling guilty for being super lazy and staying in your jammies all day. Making cookies that dont fit into the "eating better" deal you made with yourself. And letting yummy stews and chilis simmer for a few hours in the crock pot, wafting smells throughout your house that smell, well, COZY.

Today in Texas, the weather is a nice 66 degrees. Incredibly gorgeous. I couldnt stand being in the house. Annabelle and I NEEDED to be refreshed. I havent taken her outside as much the last couple weeks. It has either been too cold, or too wet. OR, I just came up with a lame excuse to stay in. But, today, we HAD to enjoy some of this incredible sunshine. In fact, I dont think we are done enjoying all we can today. She was a little cranky this morning, and wasnt really satisfied. Maybe she knew it was so pretty out, and wondered why the heck we werent out.



I feel so lucky that THIS is the park I get to take my babe to. Isnt it pretty?

Yesterday, I purchased a new jogging stroller that I found on craigslist. It's fantastic. Jogging is a way that I refresh myself, and I find it very therapeutic for me. The treadmill has been getting quite a bit of use this boring month.
I got to jog, and Annabelle took a nice little snooze in the stroller. The sunshine was AWESOME on my face, and the wind blew just at the right times to dry the sweat trickling down my forehead. I feel so refreshed and so does Annabelle.

I think all of YOU need to find ways to refresh yourself this month, even though we only have 4 days of it left, next month , and the following months.


On another note...Annabelle is doing great. We had her 9 month appointment, and doctor is happy with her. She is a bit on the short side, even for DS, but at this point, she is not concerned about it. It's almost as if she has hit a plateau and is staying the same size, except for her weight. She has been able to wear the same clothes for a couple months now, where before, she was growing out of them like crazy. I guess it's ok.(?) anyway, she develops new bits of personality, and always has new "tricks". She is moving quickly across the floor, as her OT says, like an inch worm. Not quite a 'real' crawl, but definitely moving. It's pretty awesome, because we had a little re-evaluation for Annabelle with ECI. We went over the goals we had for her when we first started, at 3 months. She has reached them, and now we have set new goals. I am a proud Mommy!! :)

Speaking of ECI, ugggh. I am thankful for them, but she often makes Annabelle cry. And to be honest, Annabelle isnt a big crier. Last weeks little session was a challenge for me as a mommy. I wondered when I am supposed to step in and say things, and when to keep quiet and let the OT work. I also wonder when we LET our children cry and when do we cuddle them up to help them feel comfortable? I am sure these are lessons I will continue to learn as long as there are littles in my home. ;)

Her newest, and most AWESOME and adorable little trick, is "SO BIG". we will ask her, "How big is Annabelle?" and she will lift her little arms up and wave her little hands. Its amazing. I love it. here is a little video of it...
video

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. That video is adorable!!! I like your challenge to find something that is refreshing. Tricky when it's -1,000,000 degrees outside :) I'll think of something :) Thanks for your post!!

    ReplyDelete