Let them be little

Let them be little

7.06.2010

pigtails, bows, fireworks and blue bell

last week was a busy one for us. Annabelle took her first road trip. We went to visit my great uncle and aunt about 4 hours away. It was a fantastic trip! Annabelle did so great in the car, slept most of the time. I wondered if at this small, they even realize when they are not in their own environment. Nope, she was as comfortable and easy going as she always is. She LOVES people and is so super social. I love it. she met some of my cousins who are in like 7th grade. They loved her!!! I am SO blessed with the family I have. I have always known it, but now that I have a little one of my own, I just appreciate my family and my roots SO much! I love it!

So, the road trip home, which should take about 4 hours, took us around 6 or 7 I think. We took some detours along the way. We went a different direction to take us to Brenham, TX, home of the Blue Bell Creamery! I crave their Bubble Gum ice cream, and NEVER find it anywhere any more. They did NOT have it even at the creamery, but we enjoyed a tour and a scoop anyways. Annabelle did great for that too. OH, we also went to a museum with my uncle, and there is a "music room". I decided that was Annabelle's favorite room. They had a jukebox. I put on "Summertime" by Janis Joplin, and 'Belle was engaged! It was so cute. She likes music. We danced around for a bit, looking at all the music memorabilia, and a replica of Janis Joplin's old car!

Fourth of July was super fun this year. I remember last year was boring, so this year needed to redeem that! We had some friends over, and my parents and sister. We live so close to the park, so after stuffing our faces, we just walked there for fireworks. my punkin was awake the whole time, and spent most of the evening snuggled in the strong arms of her daddy. He was pretty anti-social, but for good cause. he was LOVING his time with her! We wondered how she would react to the fireworks. well, she didnt really. she looked at them a little, and got still when she heard some go off. but, didnt really seem too super interested. I stood by her and covered her ears the whole time, just so it wouldnt be so loud!

As far as new developments for our little girl...Tummy time is going SO good! she is really workin it out and trying hard to keep that heavy head up. (do i say this in every post?) I sat her in her BUMBO seat yesterday, and it took her a minute to realize that hanging her head down wasnt as fun as looking up at the toys i placed in front of her. she still seems to struggle a bit raising her head while on tummy and sitting up, but it will come. We also enjoy some conversation with her. i giggle so much when she just makes noises like she is really telling us something. sometimes, she sounds so happy about something, and she just wants to tell us about it. other times, she really wants to let us know just how frustrated she is. i am loving it. I say things like, "yeah, really?" "then what happend" "did you like that?" "well, tell me more" "do you love it" ha, i love it. Her sweet noises and smiles. she is growin up!

Here are some pics of the last week or so...
a couple of a vineyard we ended up in a few days ago. one of what 'belle looked like MOST of the road trip, just a snoozin. and the other one is my sweet sweet great uncle soaking in his time with her.




No comments:

Post a Comment