Let them be little

Let them be little

5.22.2013

MAY.

The past few weeks have flown by!  Haven't they? Time flies by when you're having a good time.  Am I right?

Annabelle has been doing so great in school.  The first week was pretty hard for me, and a huge huge adjustment for Annabelle.  She cried every day at drop off and she seemed kind of overwhelmed.  Which is totally understandable.  Watching her cry and reach for me every day made my heart hurt. I was unsure if we had made the right choice to put her in school this young.  She is so tiny compared to the other kids.  It's also really hard that she can not totally communicate her needs with us, and she can't really tell us how her day was.  Her teachers are super sweet, and communicated really well with us all week.  They really helped me feel better about all of that.  Her teacher even sent me pictures of her at school, and a little video.  So sweet.

After that first tough week, she has been great.  She doesn't get upset when we leave for school, or when we pull up and she sees the bus, or when I hand her off to teachers.  She always looks like she is having a great time when I pick her up.   I still miss her a lot for those four hours in the morning, and I am SO excited to go pick her up every day.  We are really thankful that the experience has been a good one so far.  I still have some fears and concerns with her being at school, but I am still thankful.  We only have a few days left, and then we have our mornings back all summer!  :)

Carter is still growing like crazy.  I can not even believe he is 9 months old.  He's super busy and still loves his Annabelle.  He is clapping his hands, signing "EAT", and he waved "bye-bye" the other day.  It even sounded like he said "bye-bye".  Super cute. 

Mother's Day this year was so fantastic with two kiddos.  Craig never fails to make me feel so special.  We took it easy and just hung out with our kids.  I love my little family SO much.

OH, also in May, Craig's brother came to Texas for a visit.  It was so great having another visitor.  The time with him was so special, and I know Craig loved it!

Last Friday was our last MOPS meeting until after summer, and we had a little party.  Each table was to have a theme, and the meeting was just laid back and fun.  Our table was "Toddlers and Tiaras!"

 Annabelle at school...
Justus and Carter...
This picture cracks me up.  You can see Carter hitting him. 

Annabelle praying before dinner...
Uncle Hans...



One of my favorite pictures...
On Mother's Day weekend, we went to Dallas to see my sweet grandma...
Mother's Day dates...

Super love this pic...
We have had a lot of time together since Annabelle has been at school.  We are soaking it up. 
These kiddos are playing together more and more, and I love watching it!
Toddlers....
Annabelle reading in her corner.  :)
Have a great rest of MAY! 


No comments:

Post a Comment