Let them be little

Let them be little

3.17.2013

Catch UP post. Ketchup.

Since my last post, we have celebrated two birthdays, mine and Craig's.  We have welcomed SPRING in Texas, a beautiful Spring!  Annabelle had her first assessment for the PPCD class she will likely be attending.  Carter went from scooting, to army crawling, to REALLY crawling, and is in to everything he can get his hands on.  We have gotten over icky winter/spring colds and then gotten them again. Then we threw "routine" out the door for a couple of days to enjoy some of the Spring Break that my mom had.

 This little family has been having a great time, and have been keeping busy, either by spending lots of time at home, or whatever else we do.  ;) I don't know about any other moms, but there are days when I am laying my head on my pillow at night, and regret the things I did NOT do during that day.  Time is flying, and my kids are growing up quickly. I do my best to soak in every moment, of each little stage of life.

I am realizing so much lately how time is going by so quickly, as we are approaching Annabelle's THIRD birthday.  I am not even believing that she is almost THREE!!  Here in Texas, this means a few things for a child with special needs.  She will no longer receive ECI services, and is able to attend a Pre-K class at public Elementary.  My stomach turns in knots when I think of her going off to school.  In fact, I freak out a little bit.  More on that at a later date.  A few weeks ago, we went for her first assessment, which was a play based assessment.  Annabelle is smart, and showed off all a little bit of her amazing smart skills while she played in this super awesome classroom, where she would for sure never get bored.   I don't know much about how the teachers viewed it, because we have not had a follow up yet.  We are to go back soon, and I will find out more information on the kind of class she could be attending, and all the details of what the goals and services will be for her.  Again, more on this subject at a later time.  :)

WE are doing great, and enjoying time together and super enjoying the amazing weather we have been having.  We have much to be thankful for here.  :)

PICS to come sometime soon.  Can't make any promises, but will do my best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment