Let them be little

Let them be little

5.10.2011

Well, Can it?

Today, I planned on updating since its been a couple weeks. I was going to write this one liner, " I never knew having a child would be this awesome." The end. Before I was going to sit down and write, I was putting Annabelle down for a nap. Getting her to go to sleep these days is often a little more of a task than it once was. She has discovered new freedoms in her movement (standing up and sometimes doing little back flips), and she is incredibly entertained by herself, even when she is super tired. I think it's hilarious, and at this point, I just get cracked up listening to her on the monitor. I often crack her door to peek in at her rolling around and talking to herself. If she catches me out of the corner of her eye, she laughs. Almost a belly laugh. I love it. I hope these are the moments that I never forget, that is why the one liner really wouldn't do justice. I have to remember these moments. So, to me, this picture is hilarious, and it might not be to anyone else. But, today, I walked in on her after I thought she had passed out, and this is what I saw:
I sent the pic in a text message to my mother in law, and her response was perfect. "Don't you think every day, 'How can it get any better??"


At Annabelle's 12 month appointment, her doctor ordered some lab work for her. So, on Friday, when Craig was off, we took her to get some blood drawn. When we are told about different tests we have to do, my heart always drops. My stomach gets all tied in knots. I know some of the different things that Down Syndrome kiddos are more prone to, and it often has me concerned. Her blood had to be tested for a couple different things. I got a call from the pediatrician today saying that it all came back OK. The thyroid is the only thing that looks like they want to re-test in about 6 months, but nothing major. Ok, ok. That's fine. My heart is at peace again. Also, in about 3 months, we will take her in for another ECHO. The last 2 cardiologist appointments have gone SO well, and I will pray that it continues to.

Mother's Day is such a fabulous day, and this year it felt like another birthday. Only because I was being asked, "so, what do you want to do? What do you want for Mother's Day?" It's so fun that I also get to share that day with my momma and respond with, "whatever mom wants to do." There, pressure's off. ;)
It was a great day, and I couldn't possibly be happier to be a Mother. I love with a love that I never knew I had, and that love hurts and there are NO words to explain it.


Daddy likes to put her on his shoulders, and she equally enjoys it with squeals and giggles. She LOVES her daddy. I guess here she is just making sure it is really him. She pulled his hair and twisted herself around to see his face. So cute.

These last 3 pictures are some of my recent faves.



SOMEHOW she got a toy stuck on her bow. She was so confused and it surprised me that she didn't really get upset.

Ya, so I let her play in her applesauce. She clearly loved it.

I LOVE this picture of her looking out the window. and her little booty in the HIP HELPERS. She is seriously pulling up on everything she can these days. It's awesome. Today, she got a nice little bonk on her head from slipping while standing at the coffee table. Broke my heart. I am so so proud of her though. This determination inspires me with her! OH, and she also did a little bit of 'real' crawling this week. a few steps to some are HUGE ones to us. Her OT hasn't moved any further with her because she still wants us working on her doing a proper crawl. Oh, she gets where she wants to go like a quick little inch worm, but OT wants her on all fours. So, the few steps of all four crawling was awesome!




Philippians 4:8

2 comments:

  1. I love to read this. It makes my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures. She is such a happy gal!!!! Oh...and don't worry about the thyroid thing. I had mine taken out when I was 11, now take a pill every day and that's it. It's really no big deal once they know if something needs to be dealt with :)

    ReplyDelete