But, lately for me, that need and that urge has intensified. Like I mentioned in my last post, I had the sudden urge to allow Carter and Annabelle to share a room. I had thought of it, but didn't think we would do it so soon. But, I wanted a playroom SO bad. I want a room for their toys and play where I can close the door in the evening if I don't feel like cleaning up the mess. Which, every now and then, is exactly what I do.
The past few weeks of the kiddos sharing a room has been a learning process for us as parents and for them. But, I don't regret it, and we are not turning back now. There are evenings when we have to put on our 'discipline faces' and we are in and out of their room a lot reminding them that it is not play time. But, it really hasn't been too bad. They are learning what they can and can not do when it is bed time. Nap time is a different story. One of them has been napping in our bed, OR Annabelle just skips naps. I am ok with her skipping her naps these days because it makes for an awesome bed time! She is ready for bed when it is time! But, I am not totally taking naps out of her schedule yet. Not yet.
Their little room is coming together nicely. This past weekend, Craig spent a lot of time painting a toddler bed and a dresser. A project that needed to be done for a long time. I want to get a few things up on their walls, but otherwise, I am happy with how their little room looks.
Carter's little toddler bed on the left, and Annabelle's bed on the right. We painted both of them, and I love how they turned out.
My desire for redecorating has increased, too. I have been making little changes here and there and adding small touches to different rooms. So far, this is the play room... I left all of Carter's little cowboy and Texas decor in there.
If I keep having these urges to do things in every room of the house, I am going to go broke. SO, I started selling some of our stuff online. For example, I wanted a few new rugs. For the kitchen, entry way and both bathrooms. So, I sold the old rugs, and a few other things so that I could go buy new stuff! Pretty fun, and I am not totally broke yet. Yet. ;)
The Lord has blessed me with energy to keep up with the cleaning and reorganizing I have been doing. I am so thankful that I haven't been feeling too crappy lately. Some days are better than others of course. It has been pretty hot the past couple of weeks, so we have been staying inside a lot more OR been playing in the water about every time we are outside. Which the kiddos LOVE!




No comments:
Post a Comment