8.01.2012

39 WEEKS! WHAAAAAAAT????

So, we have made it to 39 weeks, and I am entering in to what is "supposed" to be the last week of pregnancy.   Seriously?  Y'ALL, I was SO CERTAIN this baby boy would arrive the last week of July.  So much for the momma's intuition the doctor told me to pay attention to.  God has better plans for this baby, and I guess for me.  At this point, seeing every day the last week of July just come and go, I am getting pretty impatient.  I am super anxious and worried about little things.  BUT, I am SO thankful that God knows exactly what He is doing right now.  ALL I have prayed for is a healthy baby.  A baby ready to greet this world. 

"For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You, for (my son) is fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are Your works."  -Psalm 139:13&14


 This pic was taken yesterday.  I had to get a bare belly pic for myself to remember what I looked like.  This picture doesn't do justice to how big I actually feel and the size I actually see in the mirror.  I can only compare this pregnancy to last because it's all I know, and my body NEVER felt this way, and my belly never got this big.  I can almost TASTE the finish line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



After the last 2 ultrasounds we had, this baby was measuring almost 2 weeks ahead, and if we went by those estimations, I have gone past this baby's "due date".  I have thought for sure this baby is plenty ready to come out.  And, everyone knows that I am more than ready.  But, God clearly has some more "knitting" to do, and I will gladly allow Him to do so.  Even if I don't look or act really glad about it.

 I am uncomfortable and sore.  My ribs are taking a good beating, and my back has never felt so tight.  This baby is SO LOW that I pee what seems like every 15 minutes.  And, also because of how low he is, my pants wont stay put in the front.  Slowly, they inch their way down, and I am constantly making sure nothing is hangin out for the world to see.  Part of me wants to stay at home, and just watch the Olympics all day long, and wait till contractions start.  But, that makes me a little stir crazy.  It's too hot to just play outside, and there is NO chance I am making an appearance at a pool.  So, my pregnant sister and I take ourselves shopping.  Saying we are not going to buy things, we just need to get out and walk somewhere with A/C.  So, that is my life for these last DAYS of pregnancy.  I eat a lot of ice cream, and little of foods that are "good" for me.  I am ok with that. 

Annabelle is SO active these days, and I feel bad for her sometimes because I just don't feel like I can keep up.  I am so excited that she will soon have someone to play with.  She is helping me get through frustrations while at the same time making some frustrations more exhausting.  But, I love it.  She is the sweetest, most awesome little girl I have ever known, and couldn't have ever even made her up in my mind.  She blows me away with her total awesomeness every day.  I can't even handle my overwhelming love for her.  She is our little buddy!  As ready as I am to get in that hospital and have my baby, my eyes well up with tears when I think about how I am going to miss her while I am there.  And how once he is born, she will no longer be the baby.  I hear that this is something that a lot of mommas go through when they have their second.  But, we will adjust to big changes, and I know my love for her will not change.  She's my girl. 



No comments:

Post a Comment