Let them be little

Let them be little

5.29.2011

Nap Time Chronicles


After the adorable pictures I have captured of Annabelle while she snoozes, I decided I might dedicate occasional posts full of silly stories or those adorable pictures. Naptime Chronicles. Car seat naps, crib naps, stroller naps, and my most favorite and very rare, in my arms naps.

Annabelle is typically a good napper, and as most moms know, naptime is one of OUR most favorite times of day, too. Not to sound rude, but it's good for all of us. When I was a preschool teacher, I felt like I NEEDED that time. It's the short period of time to actually be 'selfish'. Even if that selfishness is also 'selfless'. Ya know, doing borening things... Laundry. Dishes. Floors. A SHOWER. Whatever it is, it is your time to do it, and quite possibly without interruption. All that so say, when she wakes up and I go in there to get her, THAT is also one of my most favorite moments of the day. To scoop up her little body and have it melt into mine. sweet moments.

Putting Annabelle down for her afternoon nap is often totally humerous. I listen to her for a while, chit chat and giggle to herself. I crack her door for a peak, and if she sees me, she smiles like she hasn't seen me in days. If she is in there standing up, she thinks she is hilarious. Therefore, it is incredibly difficult for me to be any kind of serious, and let her know it's not playtime. Sometimes i just go in and play and join in on that giggle and chit chat. :) I've posted pics before of some of the silly ways she falls asleep, and I am seeing that more often. Like, right in the middle of playing, she just passes out. Love it.
















Also, THIS is my most favorite blog post I have read in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment